Thursday, August 4, 2011

God is good, all the time...

Has anyone been following the news on Lt. Gov. Calley's baby girl?  She was born with a heart defect, and underwent surgery as an infant to correct some problems.

Went in last week (or the week before, can't remember) for a heart cath...and had THREE heart attacks.  This is a child under the age of 2!  Anyway, by the grace of God, she was able to pull through and is now back at home, recovering, after coming very very close to that line we can't cross.

And I'm so so happy that this family had this blessing.  God is so good.  But the really bad bad part of me says, why them?  Why not us?  Are we not good enough?  Didn't we love her enough?  Didn't we take good care of her?  Why do they get to keep their little girl?

For the record, I know it's not a give and take barter situation.  And for the record, I don't wish that ANYONE would lose a child.  And on that note, I think it is absolutely amazing that the doctors and this family have witnessed//brought about a miracle.  I just wish we would have been granted one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment