Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cold Season: 4, Reynolds Family: 0

Before Ariana was born, one of our claims to fame was that Tanner didn't have his first cold/flu/"serious" illness until he was 18 months old.  (I know, we're lame.)  We've now been broken of that claim...Ari has her first cold already!  Of course, Tanner didn't have a 2-1/2 year old sibling dragging home bugs from school, so that was a big part of it.  And he got his first cold after starting at daycare, so really, we can blame close proximity with multiple toddlers for the advent of sickness in our household. 

Of course, being home sick now is a lot different than when we were non-parents.  No more sitting at home on the couch doing crossword puzzles and watching reruns of sitcoms for us.  Now it's get up, get the kids ready, get ready, get to daycare, work, change diapers, tend children, try to keep everyone from going stir-craaaazy.  I never realized how awesome the previous situation was.  Of course, being a semi-work-from-home mom makes the situation much more livable, since when the kids are sick I'm set up to take phone calls and access our computer system from home, which is awesome and insanely challenging all at once.  I thought it'd be a walk in the park, this working from home thing, but I'm always torn between trying to set up cool stuff for T-man and trying to get things done.  This usually results in Ryan getting hollered at when he gets home from work.  (Poor saintly Ryan.)  We are figuring it out, though, and the benefit of being able to be with my kids is well worth any struggles we may face.

So for now the goal is to get Tanner's dinosaur costume finished before Saturday morning, finish up a couple projects for work, and get some rest so that everyone can be well prior to trick-or-treating.  I think I'm going to wear my big cloaky coat that Mom gave me when I was pregnant with Tanner and try to find a wig, and then tell everyone that I'm Martin Luther as I hand out copies of the Theses.  In the meantime, I am going to ignore the baskets of laundry piling up to be folded and avoid as much cleaning as humanly possible.  Pictures of Halloween will follow shortly.  Tomorrow is pumpkin-carving day, I hope I'm up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment