So long time no update. For Christmas pictures, you'll have to see my Facebook.
We're recovering from a series of interminable colds, flus, sinus infections, and general malaise, the latest of which was a lovely abscess in Ryan's mouth that he had lanced today (also, the dentist removed three shards of broken wisdom tooth. This is an injury from before we met, people!) But, spring is a-comin' even if the mercury is hovering at freezing.
In the spirit of spring and new beginnings, our kids have made some decisions. Ari's decision was to start crawling, and to sprout her first tooth (crawling last week Wednesday and tooth yesterday). Tanner finally gave up his pacifier last night, though we'll see if his resolve lasts through bedtime tonight. We had been trying with no success to get him to give it up, and had been restricting it to bedtime only, but last night he told Ryan, "I don't need that thingie, I'm not a baby anymore." Good guy.
Meanwhile, our new nephew is growing and growing and we will be heading to Ryan's folks' place this weekend in order to visit with Ryan's brother (and his girlfriend and their son) and the parents. The quilt I had started for the baby before Christmas has been sitting unfinished over the stairway railing for months, needing only binding. The thing about the binding is that finishing it is all by hand, and I'm a sucker for putting off hand-sewing. So I'm feverishly finishing it up so that I can give it to Shannon and Casey this weekend. After that, Ariana's Dutch pattern for Tulip Time is all cut out, and Tanner's from last year fits, other than the pants needing to be let down. Then, Tanner wants new pajamas, and his baby quilt needs to be re-bound. Then, I want to start on Ariana's baby quilt, which I'm envisioning as Sunbonnet Sues all around. So sewing projects abound on the dining room table.
Ryan and I are gearing up for fishing season. I got my waders and boots out of storage and looked them over and am anticipating the arrival of my new fishing pack today. Ryan will be purchasing new waders in time for a trip he is taking to North Carolina in a few weeks to fish with some of his buddies (I am sooo jealous!). We are tying flies like it's our business and every night I dream of hooking a monster trout - maybe this year will be the year! Tanner wants to try a fly rod so we are going to let him fiddle around with one up at the lake and see if he can pull some bluegill in on it. If all else fails, the compost pile teems with worms and his Spiderman pole is all ready with bobber and weight.
Tanner is busy with his art. He's reading short words, knows all his letters and numbers by sight, and it practising on and off with writing his letters - what a guy! I wish his birthday was a month earlier so that he could start preschool with kids his age, but as it is he is in a great daycare in which the lesson plans are nearly identical to what i envisage as an ideal preschool.
Work is work. I enjoy my work and I enjoy being a work-at-home mom, but I'm consistently amazed by the lack of motivation by people in all industries - it's like, it'll get done if it gets done, but they don't really care. Not all, but a great deal. Sad face.
Other than that, not much is going on. If you can say that not much is going on when there are two children 3 and under in a home. Been playing WoW quite a bit and am gearing up for raids if and when my guild finally comes back together. If not, oh well, at least it's time not spent in the real world.
Sighh...so many pictures to organize. Still haven't even done our wedding album yet and here we are 2 years married at the end of the summer. Well, duty calls. It's time to start dinner and keep the weeans amused until bedtime. More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment