Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Couple different thoughts here.  Ariana is getting so frakkin'  big.  She's crawling like a champ now, and getting into all of Tanner's stuff.  From the moment I wake up in the morning to the moment the kids go to bed at night, all I hear is, "MOMMY!  Ari is getting into [insert Tanner's toy here]" or "DADDY! Ari's got the [insert inanimate object and/or Steve here]!"  Every day is packed full from beginning to end. 

Ryan went on mancation a couple weeks ago with a couple buddies down to NC to fly fish in the mountains.  I vacillated between happy that he could get some time away, jealous that I wasn't fishing, and exhausted from keeping up with the kids.  Thank goodness he went ahead and got home.  Now we are looking forward to April 30, opening day of trout season, woo hoo!

We bought the kids wooden shoes for Tulip Time and got their names burned into the sides.  Tanner is very excited, and for about a month now we have been hearing all about how he wants to be the drum major when he grows up.  Today on the way to day care, we ran into the Holland Christian marching band practicing.  I thought I was being sly sly sly by parking the car on a side street, but oops, I forgot that side street is part of their route.  So as I was buckling T back into his seat, here comes the band, and they split right down the middle and went past us - right outside Tanner's open car door.  He thought that was really cool.  Speaking of really cool, HCHS has got to have one of the best high school cadences...EVER.  What I'm unsure about is the new kickety skippity hoppity thing they are doing.  Looks a little too much like the Dutch for me.  That and if I had had to do that, I would have fallen flat on my butt, every time.

In other news, last night I had a kind of wake up call about witnessing and what my place as a Christian is in a world that doesn't always mesh with my values.  This is going to sound really strange, but bear with me.  After everyone had finally gone to bed, I ran a Heroic random dungeon in WoW.  Things were going really well, and we had downed Isiset and Ammunae, and were moving on to Setesh.  As we prepared for the pull of the first group, the tank commented that we should "Kill...everything..." and then made a couple "jokes" about how "God won't save you and I don't believe in him anyway!"  Then he pulled.  Now normally when people think that it's funny to joke like that, I ignore them, figuring that they are just random jerks who don't have any respect, and worst of all, are on a long long road that doesn't lead anywhere good.  But, one of the DPS had different ideas.  He didn't join us in the pull, instead saying, "I'm sorry that you don't believe.  But I do, and my God believes in you, and so goodbye, and good luck."  And he dropped group. He didn't make a big old witnessy evangelical show, he didn't make anyone feel like less of a person, he just let the tank know who he was, and that he wasn't going to stand for hearing his God spoken of in such a way.  And you know what?  I have a lot of respect for that silly little death knight.  I wish I had followed him out.  It may seem very trivial, to leave a video game boss over a comment that ultimately doesn't hurt ME at all, but only the person speaking.  But, God calls me to be an example and a witness, and so, Mr. or Miss Death Knight whose name I can't remember, thank you for being my reminder. 

In other news, (yawn), I have paperwork to do, chores that need work, and bills to pay.  /Die.

No comments:

Post a Comment