Saturday, October 1, 2011

Every Time!!

It never fails that when I go to Meijer I will A) Forget something and B) If I'm buying something questionable or embarrassing, I will run into someone I know.

A) We live 1/4 mile from Meijer, so that's no big deal - we can stop on our way in and out.
B) Example 1: Had to buy pads the other day (sorry if any dudes are reading this). Tanner wanted to know what they were.  I said they were private for ladies.  This apparently meant to Tanner that he should hold the package on top of his head and sing at the top of his lungs, "I'M A LADY, I'M A LADY, HEE HEE HEE!!!"....I couldn't get out of the store fast enough, because I couldn't get him to stop. 
Example 2: The GIANT package of toilet paper was on sale today. We normally don't buy the giant one but today I did, because it was such a great deal!!  I knew that I would see someone I knew, and I knew I'd be embarrassed because why would a family of three need THAT MUCH toilet paper!??  I mean, we are talking Sams' Club value pack size here.  And of course, I ran into our next door neighbor. 
Example 3: (This probably only applies in Holland). One time we were having a get-together at our house, so Ryan and I bought a bunch of adult libations.  I mean, the bottom of the cart was probably full of booze. This was perfect timing to run into our pastoral care elder, who gave us a funny look, but said nothing. 




I'd say if these are the worst of my problems we are coming out on top ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment