Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gastritis

So it turns out that Gastritis (eg, indigestion/heartburn) can be a lot more serious than discomfort after a heavy meal.

For the past three days I've had the extremely painful feeling of a softball-sized lump in my chest, right over my sternum. It gets so bad that the pain radiates to my back, my arms, my throat, my jaw, my head. It had me dizzy and sweating. I had written it off to bad indigestion on the first night, but when it continued into day three I thought I'd better see the doctor, since in my naivete I had never heard of indigestion lasting three straight days.

Turns out, it can! And it can do damage if it's not treated. So I'm on meds now to fix it, but dear god it hurts! Ultimately grateful it's not anything serious, and I feel a little silly going to the dr's office for "indigestion", but...damn...can't a sister get a break around here? Hope I feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment