I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for snow! I may complain about the cold and the dark and the looong winters, but I love the holidays and I love snow. So when I woke up this morning to the measly two inches that we got, I was geeked.
Of course, as usual, geeked only as long as it took me to start thinking about Ari. Last year we didn't do a ton with her in the snow, mainly because we felt she was too small to handle the cold very well. So she stayed inside when the boys went sledding, and she stayed with my parents when we went to cut our Christmas tree down. So this year would have been her first play-winter, and she would have been falling down in the snow like crazy, I assume, and I'm super super super bummed that she's not here to do it. Yes, I'm sad that she's gone, but more than anything I'm just frustrated that there is so much that she never got to experience here. And I'm aware that Heaven is perfect and she's in a better place and blah blah blah, but isn't the whole point that this world was supposed to be a gift? What happened to Ariana is like giving a little girl a baby doll for her birthday and then ripping it away from her just as soon as she starts playing. And that royally irritates me. She was supposed to get to experience all the good and bad and in-between down HERE. With us.
Anyway, I pulled my shit together and took Tanner out to shovel the driveway and play in the snow and that helped a little bit. T made a little snowman, but the snow wasn't packing very well, and we were starting to get cold, so we came inside for colored marshmallow hot cocoa. Okay, Tanner came inside for that, I came inside for coffee :)
Tomorrow is the Dykhuis family Christmas party, woohoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment