Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Also

In posting about being "normal," I'm not talking about being Mrs. Dutch Mom in Holland with my minivan and Holland Christian High School stickers plastered onto everything I own. I received some comments after Ariana died that "You know you don't really want to be normal, don't you? Normal is overrated."

That's not really the point. I don't want to be "normal" as in, assimilated into society and just like everyone else. I want OUR normal back, as in, with both of our children and freaking out about stupid stuff like whether or not Ryan did the dishes on his night or why I didn't wash the floors on my day off.

I actually would have thought that some of these people would have understood, having gone through losses themselves. None that had lost children made statements like that.

Anyway. Just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm not interested in being like every other cookie cutter wife/mom/lady out there. I just want my life back.

Now that we've cleared that up, back to your regular programming:


Tanner is growing up so quickly! We've nixed night time pull-ups AND naps. I almost can't stand it. He's doing pretty great with his writing and making progress on his reading, too. I don't know what we are going to do with 2 years left til he can start school. He won't be able to start kindergarten (legally) until 2013. ....looks like my hands are going to be full! Also, not to beat a dead horse, but this child and cider donuts. Heaven help us if he discovers there is a Crane's IN Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment