Thursday, October 13, 2011

A little bit for Ari, but mostly for me

I am going to get in shape. I've tried a couple times this year to quit smoking, and I get over the hump, and then start again after a week and a half or so.

No mas. I started Couch25K today, and hopefully that will stick. I realize that I'll never weigh or look like what I did in college, and frankly, I don't ever want to get to my lowest adult weight again. But I think I could drop some pounds and lose most of my belly and be in much better physical shape!

And I am not above using Ariana as my inspiration...in the 9 months I carried her and the 9 months I held her, she made me such a better person, and such a better mommy, that I don't see any reason why she shouldn't remain my inspiration to continue improving myself.


That and I REALLY need to stop sitting around and dwelling on all the would-have and could-have and should-haves. I think I am going a bit insane!


So today was week 1, day 1 of C25K. It went pretty well! A while ago I had DLed the app to my phone so I don't have to worry about timing myself or judging distance, and let me tell you, by the end I was feeling a little like punching the robot lady who kept saying in her too-cheerful voice "Time to run!", but then I looked at my overall time and realized I was almost done. We'll see how day 2 goes...because I'm sure I'll be sore...and the robot lady may take some damage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment